Thread: Cancellation = Replacement fee??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Re: Cancellation = Replacement fee??

Thanks for the replies! It was definitely a replacement fee versus shipping charges. After I told the rep to cancel my service and send a box so I could return the adapter, he explained to me Voipo would not accept a nonworking adapter. It was at this point I asked for the supervisor that was too busy to speak. Today marks day 3 with no response/email.

Post Re: Cancellation = Replacement fee??

Quote Originally Posted by melvytx View Post
    Thanks for the replies! It was definitely a replacement fee versus shipping charges. After I told the rep to cancel my service and send a box so I could return the adapter, he explained to me Voipo would not accept a nonworking adapter. It was at this point I asked for the supervisor that was too busy to speak. Today marks day 3 with no response/email.
    Wow, that is not right if your side of the story is true. Typical life span of a voip adapter is 3-5 years. If you are luck it may last longer. If this was a VOIPO issued adapter and it stopped working VOIPO should replace the adapter as a general business practice. If the adapter is burnt out after 3 years and if the company is asking the customer to replace it at customer's cost that is ridiculous and unethical. You might be able to grab HT502 adapter for 30 some dollars from online. I truly believe some one from VOIPO will sort out the issue for you. I am a new customer for VOIPO and still waiting for my adapter in mail. So I am not sure about their customer service, but hope they will make sure the customer is happy (at least a long time customer like you).

Default Re: Cancellation = Replacement fee??

Hello,

All devices are tested and working before they are sent out.

A device replacement fee is assessed when the device is lost or damaged at the fault of the subscriber.

We simply must protect ourselves from customer / device abuse - as believe it or not, we do have some customers that attempt to get a replacement device every other month, as a result of them damaging the device from having it plugged into house wiring.

Sure enough every time - the weather report in their area always has some kind of lightning / T-STORMS .

We have not charged for device replacements otherwise, when a device is simply end of life.

While I am not too sure on your particular case - and I'm more than willing to further look into it for you and get to the bottom of this if you could provide your Ticket ID.

Thanks!

Default Re: Cancellation = Replacement fee??

A replacement cost is typical I think, I just completed a Phonepower account was told to return the adapter within 30 days or be charge $99 for the adapter and additional $10 if the power supply is not included in what I returned.

In addition, I covered the shipping. Such things are industry standard and as Brandon mentions are designed to prevent wide spread abuse.