Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Porting Procedures?

Default Re: Porting Procedures?

Hello!

I'm wondering how I can check the status of my port? I faxed in the required paperwork about 10 days ago and am unsure of where things stand (other than the port hasn't completed yet ). I looked through my Voipo control panel and didn't see anything relating to porting. Maybe I just missed it??

VoipO will send you an email when it's ready. if you want info on the current status, just email them or put in a ticket. (Just like a trouble ticket). Give them your name, porting number, voipo number, etc... They will get back with you. later... Mike....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'll create a ticket just to be sure all was received, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by varaonaid View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'll create a ticket just to be sure all was received, etc.
    I should be in the office in a few and I'll double check it for you as well.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Just want to get some opinions from you guys. I just found out my port is scheduled for 9/16. Unfortunately, my billing cycle for that provider will renew on 9/15. Is there anything I can do that you could think of to avoid this? I'm assuming that I can't cancel the old provider until I have notification that the port is complete, correct? I just hate to be out another $26 for a month of service that I can't use.

If you think of anything, please let me know! Thanks!

Rae

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

Just want to get some opinions from you guys. I just found out my port is scheduled for 9/16. Unfortunately, my billing cycle for that provider will renew on 9/15. Is there anything I can do that you could think of to avoid this? I'm assuming that I can't cancel the old provider until I have notification that the port is complete, correct? I just hate to be out another $26 for a month of service that I can't use.

Rae
    Just pay the bill and let nature take its course. If you cancel, you lose the number.
    After it ports, ask the old company for a pro-rated refund.

Rae
    I'll PM you about this. Since we lost your port the first time, it's kind of our fault that it took longer than expected.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Are the forms/procedures on the first posts still accurate? I'm looking to do this before the end of the month.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Are the forms/procedures on the first posts still accurate? I'm looking to do this before the end of the month.

Thanks.
    http://voipo.com/Porting.pdf

We also need a copy of the latest bill or a printout from the provider's site showing name and phone number somewhere on it.

Can e-mail to support@voipo.com or fax to 832-426-7700.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

A few suggestions for the porting form:

1. Create fill-in fields so that users can type in the information and print the form. Typed responses should be easier to read and less likely to either be transcribed incorrectly or misread. Encourage (but don't require) customers to fill in the form online, print, and sign.

2. The form loads as a two-page document--the second page is blank. Can you drop the 2nd page?

3. End of first paragraph: "The porting process typically takes up to 20 business days." Add following text: " Occasionally, the porting process takes longer. If Voipo learns of any unusual delays in porting your number, we will advise you of the delay."

4. You might consider pre-checking the three statements that all have to be checked in order to port a number in. If you're concerned about pre-checking them, consider right above the signature line, in bold text, "My signature constitutes my agreement with the three statements checked above" or similar.

5. Last paragraph, first sentence: "To begin processing please send this form along with a copy of your current telephone bill, or account
    summary page (dated within 30 days) to support@voipo.com or fax to 832-426-7700 to." Delete second "to"...

6. Put a VOIPo logo in the upper left corner...