Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Coming in July...

Default Re: Coming in July...

Hello Tim,

Like so many other users, simply can't wait to see the portable international calling feature work using an access number. Could you please be a little more specific when you say

"In the near future, we're also adding an "access number" that works like a calling card to call from registered external numbers as well"?

Are we talking by the end of August? I am afraid I don't have all the tech details to be able to install a SIP phone on my mobile (blackberry) so am eagerly waiting for int'l calling via access number.

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

Regarding this:

"The main reason for this approach is that it encompasses all phone types. We looked at things like smartphone apps for this like many competitors use, but that turns into a situation where it's only useful for a segment of our users (ones that have the type of phone the app is for) and complicates it. An access number/calling card approach opens it up to everyone and should be super simple for someone to just program into their cell as a contact, enter their PIN and dial."

International numbers can be very long and painful to dial-in. Will you allow us to enter short codes or speed dial codes in lieu of the entire number, i.e., 011+country code+local number??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iamok123 View Post
    Hi Tim,

Regarding this:

"The main reason for this approach is that it encompasses all phone types. We looked at things like smartphone apps for this like many competitors use, but that turns into a situation where it's only useful for a segment of our users (ones that have the type of phone the app is for) and complicates it. An access number/calling card approach opens it up to everyone and should be super simple for someone to just program into their cell as a contact, enter their PIN and dial."

International numbers can be very long and painful to dial-in. Will you allow us to enter short codes or speed dial codes in lieu of the entire number, i.e., 011+country code+local number??

Thanks!
    We will keep your suggestion in mind. At this time there are no plans to add a "speed dial" functionality to the access number. It's mainly intended to be a method that allows you to make occasional international calls when away from home.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    High-risk and high-fraud destinations remain blocked and cannot be whitelisted.
    Oh, c'mon - Latvia costs couple pennies a minute with most providers... Is it really high-risk or high-fraud destination? Pardon my scepticism...

But if there is this manual addition to the whitelisted countries - I would love to be able to add just "included" destination. That is, I would love to add Israel landlines, but not include Israel cell phones (which costs 15 times cheaper with other providers). The way it is now - seems to be worse of both worlds...

Voipo Tim,

When can we expect to see and hear about more BYOD features as promised.
    I am on the fence as to whether or not I will be renewing my subscription because I really want to use my own device (OBI202) and while it is possible now there is not a lot of support and the Voipo ATA must be online just to setup any BYOD and you loose the ability to have multiple channels as you can only register One Byod at a time. other Byod providers offer sub accounts.
    I am also concerned that per your recent messages you are moving away from being a value based discount provider to becoming more mainstream like a Vonage type provider. I left Vonage for Voipo and would never go back they have become to much like a regular Telco provider with to many nuisance fees and hidden costs. I know some of these fees are unavoidable but when I can I will do all I can to minimize them. I would really like to see more monthly options as your current $18 mos subscription is good if you need unlimited but many of us really want lower priced or PayGo plans.

Thanks for listening, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davefred99 View Post
    Voipo Tim,

When can we expect to see and hear about more BYOD features as promised.
    I am on the fence as to whether or not I will be renewing my subscription because I really want to use my own device (OBI202) and while it is possible now there is not a lot of support and the Voipo ATA must be online just to setup any BYOD and you loose the ability to have multiple channels as you can only register One Byod at a time. other Byod providers offer sub accounts.
    I am also concerned that per your recent messages you are moving away from being a value based discount provider to becoming more mainstream like a Vonage type provider. I left Vonage for Voipo and would never go back they have become to much like a regular Telco provider with to many nuisance fees and hidden costs. I know some of these fees are unavoidable but when I can I will do all I can to minimize them. I would really like to see more monthly options as your current $18 mos subscription is good if you need unlimited but many of us really want lower priced or PayGo plans.

Thanks for listening, Dave
    Hi Dave,

The BYOD functionality has already been released including the new international BYOD calling option. They have been available in the BETA control panel for quite some time now. If you have any questions about them, please e-mail support@voipo.com and an agent will be happy to assist you.

We do still require the VOIPo ATA to be connection to activate the BYOD feature for the first time. Since we only ship the ATA to the billing address, having this requirement verifies that the customer provided an accurate address and received mail there. Since there is a lot of fraud with VoIP, this is a requirement we have in place to protect us and verify the address.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hi Dave,

The BYOD functionality has already been released including the new international BYOD calling option. They have been available in the BETA control panel for quite some time now. If you have any questions about them, please e-mail support@voipo.com and an agent will be happy to assist you.

We do still require the VOIPo ATA to be connection to activate the BYOD feature for the first time. Since we only ship the ATA to the billing address, having this requirement verifies that the customer provided an accurate address and received mail there. Since there is a lot of fraud with VoIP, this is a requirement we have in place to protect us and verify the address.
    OK thanks for the response.

I guess I was expecting something more than international calling which is of no use to me. It is what it is, I was hoping for more. I do understand security issues but BYOD use on Voipo is very limited, I guess I should be thankful you offer it at all.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davefred99 View Post
    OK thanks for the response.

I guess I was expecting something more than international calling which is of no use to me. It is what it is, I was hoping for more. I do understand security issues but BYOD use on Voipo is very limited, I guess I should be thankful you offer it at all.

Dave
    We do have a "PAYG" type offering coming in the future if that's what you're hoping for. It's a lot different than the current offering so it has to be kept somewhat separate in its own "product line" but we do have something like that coming later this year. Is that more along the lines of what you were hoping for?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

We do have a "PAYG" type offering coming in the future if that's what you're hoping for. It's a lot different than the current offering so it has to be kept somewhat separate in its own "product line" but we do have something like that coming later this year. Is that more along the lines of what you were hoping for?
    Yes but the devil is in the details ? How much later this year ?

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Your option works for me and I am happy.

Go VOIPO!!!