Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simul Ring Problem

Default Re: Simul Ring Problem

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Could I get you guys to give Simul Ring another go and let me know your findings we've made some slight changes, thank you!
    Whatever you did seemed to fix it for me. I tried two calls, answering my cell phone on the first call and my home phone on the second. Both got audio. It sounded a little choppy on the first call, but since VOIPo is out of the loop once the cell phone is answered, it probably has more to do with my cell phone reception than anything else.

I'll try to test it again at a time when it won't disturb anyone.

Thanks for fixing it!

Also, what did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    This is correct behavior -- the way failover works is as follows:

A B C
    [incoming call from pstn] -> [voipo's network] -> [voipo device on your network]

If we can not deliver the call from B to C i.e. C does not respond in any form or fashion to our "delivering" of the call, B will initiate failover, however when simul ring is in effect you have to keep in mind C also includes your PSTN locations when simul ring is in effect, so once simul ring sends an outbound call to your destination and there is a successful response, i.e. 180 ringing or something of the such this call now has a successful branch and failover will never engage after this point, because it is no longer a failure condition.

Edit: Also wanted to add that the device listing under your VPanel has no effect on failover initiating or not, all this means is that we have an active registration in our network still, and it will auto expire after 300 seconds (or 5 minutes) which happens to also be the re-registration interval (if the device does not re-register, this entry will be cleared)

Let me know if this all makes sense, thanks!
    It makes since yes but regardless of the status of the ATA the simul ring number should ring correct? What I have been trying to say is I keep having moments of ATA, Simul ring, and failover all not working. It's very frustrating. It seems what happens is the simul ring number rings once then for some unknown reason the call does not complete and that is preventing failover from doing its job. The number on simul ring when answered on one end its dead air and on the callers end its a fast busy.

Thanks,

Are you still experiencing the above behavior with simultaneous ring malfunctioning ?
    ________
    Aromed vaporizers
    Last edited by VOIPoBrandon; 03-21-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xponder1 View Post
    It makes since yes but regardless of the status of the ATA the simul ring number should ring correct? What I have been trying to say is I keep having moments of ATA, Simul ring, and failover all not working. It's very frustrating. It seems what happens is the simul ring number rings once then for some unknown reason the call does not complete and that is preventing failover from doing its job. The number on simul ring when answered on one end its dead air and on the callers end its a fast busy.

Thanks,
    That had been happening to me, but I think it's fixed. And yes, that is a serious problem, since the call won't reach your voicemail on either VOIPo or your cell.

I'm going to leave simul ring enabled to give it a better test, but for now, I think the problem has been corrected.

Simultaneous Ring is working now... but again with only 1 number. What is the problem with letting it ring to more than 1 other destination?

Quote Originally Posted by Vumes View Post
    Simultaneous Ring is working now... but again with only 1 number. What is the problem with letting it ring to more than 1 other destination?
    The beta testing of that did not go well. We had many reports of failed calls and some odd call behavior with multiple destinations so it needs a lot more testing.

With multiples, we're essentially taking the incoming calls, placing two new outgoing calls and bridging them in parallel then taking the first one to answer and bridging with the main one while disconnecting the others.

It can get complex pretty quick. Multiples may be something we offer in the future, but based on how the testing went with it, it isn't going to be announced in this release unfortunately.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I know this thread is a little over a week old, but I wanted to put in my $0.02. I too have had issues with the simul-ring. Usually, if the home ata phone and the cell phone ring together like they are suppose to, if I answer the cell phone, it's usually fine. If I answer the voipo ata phone, there's 50/50 chance that there won't be any audio. I've been out of town on and off for a couple weeks, so I turned off the Simul-Ring so that my wife and daughter could answer calls at home instead of me getting them on the cell phone. Without simul-ring, all works well. I got home last week and also upgraded to a new cell phone. I decided to put back on the simul-ring. Surer than Shiite, the home phone rang and I couldn't hear anyone on the other end. The calling party instinctively called back JUST on my cell phone, thinking I was out. I answered that.

So, for me, simul-ring isn't working that great right now. It was for the longest time. I would say that it's been about the last few weeks where I've noticed the big inconsistency. Later.... mike.....
    Last edited by christcorp; 09-16-2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    I know this thread is a little over a week old, but I wanted to put in my $0.02. I too have had issues with the simul-ring. Usually, if the home ata phone and the cell phone ring together like they are suppose to, if I answer the cell phone, it's usually fine. If I answer the voipo ata phone, there's 50/50 chance that there won't be any audio. I've been out of town for a couple weeks, so I turned off the Simul-Ring so that my wife and daughter could answer calls at home instead of me getting them on the cell phone. Without simul-ring, all works well. I got home last week and also upgraded to a new cell phone. I decided to put back on the simul-ring. Surer that Shiite, the home phone rang and I couldn't hear anyone on the other end. The calling party instinctively called back JUST on my cell phone, thinking I was out. I answered that.

So, for me, simul-ring isn't working that great right now. It was for the longest time. I would say that it's been about the last 2-4 weeks where I've noticed the big inconsistency. Later.... mike.....
    Ya I still have the problem to.

I too have had issues with the simul-ring. Usually, if the home ata phone and the cell phone ring together like they are suppose to, if I answer the cell phone, it's usually fine. If I answer the voipo ata phone, there's 50/50 chance that there won't be any audio.
    Exact same problem here.

Add to it... if someone calls the line while it is in use, it's ringing busy and won't go to voicemail. Otherwise, it works fine.

I don't have those problems with simul ring. However, I have a different issue.

I normally have voipo phone and cell phone on simul ring when I am away. Wife can call my cell phone from voipo phone without any problem, but, when I call voipo phone from cell phone it only rings once then busy signal.

If I disable simul ring on my cell phone every thing goes back to normal. I learned to deal with this issue by not calling home when on simul ring. It would be nice if this issue is fixed.
    Last edited by sal; 09-17-2009 at 05:43 PM.