Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming in July...

Default Re: Coming in July...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTomlinson View Post
    Personally, I'm not too concerned about a slight increase in rates. Mostly because I've taken advantage of the special and I'm good for another couple of years at least. But also because compared to my previous VoIP provider (Comcast/Xfinity), VOIPo's rates are ridiculously low and the features are already better. So as long as VOIPo doesn't jack the rates up too much, I'll probably still be a happy camper.

I agree. I've always thought VOIPo rates were too low and the service suffered as a result. I have been teetering on the edge of leaving for awhile now because I have been plagued by problems calling and receiving calls from other VOIP systems, such as Star2Star, Cisco, etc. I get one fixed and then another will not work. Also incoming call routing has been spotty and have to reset the adapter frequently. At 1/4 the price (or less) than other vendors, the savings have been worth the occasional hassles, but I would have always been willing to pay a few more dollars per month for better performance and reliability.

PLEASE keep the included 2nd line and the ability to assign a second number to that line for $2/mo (or thereabouts). That's probably the most valuable feature - having the 2nd line be on the same plan/minutes as the first line.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzvoip View Post
    Will the SMS / New panel be available to resellers to or just clients of VOIPO only.
    Initially it's just our core panel, but we plan to roll out the new panel and SMS feature to resellers eventually as well.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Is the promotion still valid. I want to renew my service before the monthly billing occurs. Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Imbred View Post
    Is the promotion still valid. I want to renew my service before the monthly billing occurs. Thanks =)
    This particular promotion ended. You can always contact billing@voipo.com asking about early renewal options and they will be able to tell you your options. Sometimes there are unadvertised account specific promos based on the account and its history, usage, etc.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Tim, I have a few questions?
    Do you have a timeline for when the new website will go live?
    Do you have plans to offer any plans for less than the unlimited rates?
    How will the new BYOD plans work ? Will they support multiple Channels. In other words will we be able to use our on device without requiring your device be activated first. the way it is now it seems we can only use multiple channels if we yous the Voipo supplied ATA + on softhpone. I would like to use something like the new Obiahi 202 device that allows for up to 4 sip accounts and has 2 phone line ports. If I were to use 2 of them I could theoretically have 8 separate sip accounts or Channels and 4 phone lines.

I have to be honest I am not crazy about a one size fits all monthly plan because most months I do not use that many minutes and a Pay as you go model would work out better than your current $18 per monthly rate. What has made Voipo appealing to me in the past is the Annual or 2 yr prepaid discount rates. I realize you have to make a profit but in this day and age you have to stay competitive and offer good service to keep your customers from moving to a competitor. I have mostly been a happy customer to date but lately have had more than my share of missed calls where the caller called me but could not hear me so they hung up. I hope this is just a minor problem and will get better with more investment into better equipment and tech support.

Hi...

Can't wait to get portable international calling. When are new features getting released?

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPPRO View Post
    Hi...

Can't wait to get portable international calling. When are new features getting released?
    All the stuff we mentioned for July will be coming out this month.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefred99 View Post
    Tim, I have a few questions?
    Do you have a timeline for when the new website will go live?
    Do you have plans to offer any plans for less than the unlimited rates?
    How will the new BYOD plans work ? Will they support multiple Channels. In other words will we be able to use our on device without requiring your device be activated first. the way it is now it seems we can only use multiple channels if we yous the Voipo supplied ATA + on softhpone. I would like to use something like the new Obiahi 202 device that allows for up to 4 sip accounts and has 2 phone line ports. If I were to use 2 of them I could theoretically have 8 separate sip accounts or Channels and 4 phone lines.

I have to be honest I am not crazy about a one size fits all monthly plan because most months I do not use that many minutes and a Pay as you go model would work out better than your current $18 per monthly rate. What has made Voipo appealing to me in the past is the Annual or 2 yr prepaid discount rates. I realize you have to make a profit but in this day and age you have to stay competitive and offer good service to keep your customers from moving to a competitor. I have mostly been a happy customer to date but lately have had more than my share of missed calls where the caller called me but could not hear me so they hung up. I hope this is just a minor problem and will get better with more investment into better equipment and tech support.
    Our unlimited/flat rate plans will remain an important part of our offering. Those aren't going away. Due to those being unlimited, we can't offer multiple channel stuff on that since they're really designed for a single line and the usage a single line produces.

In the future though we do have plans to launch a separate service that is "pay per minute" and is 100% BYOD focused. We actually already have this "done" and just need to test it more, but it's an entirely different model than what we offer now. It won't replace the current only...it'll just be an alternative for those users that need more flexibility, more channels, etc. Basically for most home and small business users, the unlimited plans are perfect, but this offering will be intended to supplement it for those that don't fit into the average usage box.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Hi Tim,

One of the feature I am expecting to see in new release is with regards to billing.

Currently, as an international calling customer, there is no easy way to view month to date number of minutes used on international calls. I have to manually calculate every month to make sure i am inside 1200 min limit.

Hopefully, this simple feature gets added in the new release and help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPPRO View Post
    Hi Tim,

One of the feature I am expecting to see in new release is with regards to billing.

Currently, as an international calling customer, there is no easy way to view month to date number of minutes used on international calls. I have to manually calculate every month to make sure i am inside 1200 min limit.

Hopefully, this simple feature gets added in the new release and help us all.
    Agreed. This is the most annoying thing for me, almost without fail in spite of trying to keep track of the minutes I keep going over 1200 minutes. Every time it turns out that I missed something about the start date of billing or start date of international cycle or some crazy stuff that I just can't figure out.
    Did I mention this is very annoying