Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Default Re: PBX BETA Testing (Will be Available for Resellers)

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    Tim are there going to be any FAQ's on the PBX. Like a PBX Server has 10 active calls and unlimited sip's. If so is ext to ext 0,1 or 2 active calls, or are active calls incoming and outgoing lines. Also if you have 2 or 3 small customer accounts that combined, would not go over the 10 active calls, could you put them under 1 PBX Server?

thanks
    We're developing docs and FAQs based on what you guys ask so keep questions coming

The 10 active limit is on each PBX. It's really designed for you to setup a different PBX for each one of your PBX clients. Each one would have its own 10 calls. All calls within the system counts. You can have unlimited extensions, unlimited users connected, unlimited features, etc... The limit only applies to simultaneous calls. So even if you had 200 extensions but only 3 calls are going at the same time, you'd be udner it.

Most companies bill by the extension though which is what you guys will likely want to do and that's how you'll make the most money. Nearly all charge $10-$20 per extension and include calling with it.

So the most important thing to remember with limit is that you are only capped on active calls...there are no other limits. I highly recommend resellers structure your pricing per extension or in some other way as that will let you maximize profit and it's what other companies already do so it's the norm.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're developing docs and FAQs based on what you guys ask so keep questions coming

The 10 active limit is on each PBX. It's really designed for you to setup a different PBX for each one of your PBX clients. Each one would have its own 10 calls. All calls within the system counts. You can have unlimited extensions, unlimited users connected, unlimited features, etc... The limit only applies to simultaneous calls. So even if you had 200 extensions but only 3 calls are going at the same time, you'd be udner it.

Most companies bill by the extension though which is what you guys will likely want to do and that's how you'll make the most money. Nearly all charge $10-$20 per extension and include calling with it.

So the most important thing to remember with limit is that you are only capped on active calls...there are no other limits. I highly recommend resellers structure your pricing per extension or in some other way as that will let you maximize profit and it's what other companies already do so it's the norm.

So is calling from extension# 1 to extension# 2 count as 1 or 2 active calls?

Also all SIP calls would be no minute charges, only DID's , Right?

thanks

So is calling from extension# 1 to extension# 2 count as 1 or 2 active calls?

No minute charges with PBX. If you call externally it'll use the SIP credentials you plug in so that depends on the plan you're using. Calling within the PBX (extension to extension) wouldn't even hit the SIP account plugged in...it's stay within your PBX.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post

No minute charges with PBX. If you call externally it'll use the SIP credentials you plug in so that depends on the plan you're using. Calling within the PBX (extension to extension) wouldn't even hit the SIP account plugged in...it's stay within your PBX.
    Okay, so if thats the case ext to ext = 2, then a incoming call connecting to the auto attendant would count as 2, and incoming call connecting to an extension would be 2 too. this would eat up the 10 active calls real quick!

Okay, so if thats the case ext to ext = 2, then a incoming call connecting to the auto attendant would count as 2, and incoming call connecting to an extension would be 2 too. this would eat up the 10 active calls real quick!
    Sorry, I was confused. As long as it's a single call it's 1.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Anyone else having difficulties with trying to get a schedule extension to work correctly with the time zone you set under profiles?

What do you guys think so far based on what you've seen?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I like the parameters, I know I have mentioned that the GUI needs a little work, honestly if we could take a few notes from ring central, the GUI can make selling the product all that more appealing.

I would also like to see an account creation API to automate the account creation. I would also like to see a trial period, be it 14 to 30 days, preferably 30 days. That will make selling even easier.

There is my 2 cents for now.

I have 2 things:

1) Groups - can't add or remove extensions, it just puts all extensions in the list, this is a major deal breaker not being able to have different call groups.

2) anything on custom music on hold

Has anyone else been having a problem with the timezone resetting itself to Alaska or another zone after about 24 hrs? I have set my timezone under the profiles tab to Eastern twice now (and yes, I did save it each time), and it resets to Alaska after about 24 hrs.