Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Default Re: Mobile Softphone App on both iOS and Android available!

Quote Originally Posted by commspring View Post
    I use an app called Zoiper for clients. It is available for Android and Apple. Simply add the sip credentials and authenticate. Now your clients have their office phone on their smartphone. A great feature is that all contacts on their phone are automatically available as contacts on the app.

They will create a "white label" app for you for a fee, but I've never had an issue with any clients using the "off the shelf" version.

Thx
    I've used Zoiper for years ... from the time before smart phones were fashionable :-). Remember using it on a laptop. I also have it installed on my smart phone (see post #25 above).
    Russell

Has something changed about the format of numbers accepted. As, mentioned I've been using Zoiper for a while. Interestingly, recently I appear to be getting a lot of Proxy Authentication Required (407) in Zoiper. In fact I just tried (from home) a series of calls to my wife's number at work and it was hit or miss whether I got the 407 or whether the call went through with Zoiper. This was only with Zoiper and no Cloud Softphone running.
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Has something changed about the format of numbers accepted. As, mentioned I've been using Zoiper for a while. Interestingly, recently I appear to be getting a lot of Proxy Authentication Required (407) in Zoiper. In fact I just tried (from home) a series of calls to my wife's number at work and it was hit or miss whether I got the 407 or whether the call went through with Zoiper. This was only with Zoiper and no Cloud Softphone running.
    Nothing's changed recently. Open a ticket and support can check on some of the calls if you have examples.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Nothing's changed recently. Open a ticket and support can check on some of the calls if you have examples.
    Just tried after seeing your message and it happened again. Proxy Authentication Required (407). The failure happens very fast - seems like it's trying to contact voipo servers which reject the authentication. Not sure what kind of information I'd provide in the ticket to support (it's never gets so far as a call being logged in my "history"). Then I dial again and it works - the first time was from the contacts. So I thought maybe the format was different - but what I see in the call logs of my app is exactly the same format. I'm sure this is one of those things which is frustrating for support to get to the bottom of with minimal information. All I know that in the past with the same app I never had this kind of issue, which was the reason for my anything change query. To me this is low priority as I use it more out of geek interest than having a practical need for it.
    Russell

Hi, I just try

Just wondering if there is any progress being made on the SMS feature that was discussed when Cloud Softphone first became available to VOIPO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Just wondering if there is any progress being made on the SMS feature that was discussed when Cloud Softphone first became available to VOIPO?
    It's on our list of future development possibilities, but it's not something that we've actively been working on.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Ok thanks.

I just found this thread...yeah, I know I'm late. And of course the temp password expired as of today. Does that mean that "Cloud Softphone" will no longer work with VOIPO and I should use something else?

Thanks!

[Edit: I can use CSipSimple or some other app that work just fine, was more curious about the password expiration and what it meant for the Cloud Softphone app.]
    Last edited by SomeWhoCallMeTim; 09-11-2014 at 04:39 PM.

You should be able to just get a new password in vPanel. The Cloud Software is definitely still available.

If you need further help with this, just open a ticket by e-mailing us at support@voipo.com and we'll be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhoCallMeTim View Post
    I just found this thread...yeah, I know I'm late. And of course the temp password expired as of today. Does that mean that "Cloud Softphone" will no longer work with VOIPO and I should use something else?

Thanks!

[Edit: I can use CSipSimple or some other app that work just fine, was more curious about the password expiration and what it meant for the Cloud Softphone app.]
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com