Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Simul Ring Problem

Default Re: Simul Ring Problem

Not for me. I turned off the New 'Find Me'. That's the only way I can get VM to stay disabled. Auto Answer on or off makes no difference.

Hope I don't have to choose between Sim-Ring and Mandatory VM.

Frankly am perplexed that VOIPo (considering their plethora of features) is having so much difficulty implementing this feature. I was using this feature with another VOIP provider (no plug for them) 5 years ago. Only issue was CID on Forwarded Phone had to be disabled to call the VOIP number.
    Last edited by voipoh; 10-20-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voipoh View Post
    Not for me. I turned off the New 'Find Me'. That's the only way I can get VM to stay disabled. Auto Answer on or off makes no difference.

Hope I don't have to choose between Sim-Ring and Mandatory VM.
    I know what you're saying, but the reason it is like it is is that when "time out" is hit from the number of seconds/destinations the user configures, where should we send the call if not to VM when there's no answer and no where to go?

Since the Find Me cycles through your VOIPo phone then external ones, when the list of numbers to try runs out, there's no where else left for it to go when the timeout is reached if the main phone didn't answer it (and an answering machine comes on).

If we just drop the call, some users on the other end may hear ringing then when the time out his a fast busy when it drops, so we didn't want users to start thinking that was a service issues. We thought about failover, but again users may not want all their unanswered calls going to failover.

Any other ideas for handling it?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Impressive! Immediate response from the top. Like your corp philosophy.

I think it should be treated as any un-answered call without VM enable. That's the way it was before. Your system have a default time out for un-answered calls.

Let's follow this through.
    VM off Sim-Ring off.
    Un-answered calls get terminated by system after a pre-determined time out.

VM off Sim-Ring on Un-answered calls go to VM
    The way it is now VM is mandatory with Sim-Ring.

Again, thanks for the quick response.
    Last edited by voipoh; 10-20-2009 at 10:02 PM.

This may work (stealing from my previous provider, it worked well). Don't ask, don't tell.

For Ring All (simul ring):
    Disable Ring time on both. If I don't have VM on both, it will just ring and ring. Caller will give up after sometime. If one phone has VM it will pick up after pre-set rings (either cell phone VM, home answering machine or VOIPo VM).

For Ring in Order (find me):
    Disable Ring time on the last leg (external #2). This will give caller the rings forever on the last leg until giving up. See above (simul ring).

One more thought on Ring in Order:
    When this is chosen, only one external # blank shows up with an "Add more" button. Once the "Add more" button is pressed, 2nd external # blank shows up. Also the Ring time on 1st external # becomes available. And on and on. In this sequential fashion, the ring time on last leg is always disabled. VOIPo line Ring time should always be enabled in Ring in Order.
    Last edited by sal; 10-20-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling and one more thought

Update.
    Brandon resolved the issue.

Are there still plans for a busy transfer (forward)? I am still looking to forward an inbound call to my second line if the first line is busy.

I second mrkarron's request... I would really like a "busy transfer" feature that would allow you to provide a number to forward a call in the event of a busy signal.

Keep up the fantastic work!

I'm finding something that needs a tweak..

With the original SimulRing, all was well for me with the exception that I had to shut off my cell at night so a call to the main number wouldn't immediately hit the cell VM.

The new program took care of that, but now I am experiencing the problem that in many cases, since I only use my answer machine at home, even when I answer my cell as soon as it rings, the slow motion in having the calling number announced and having to wait until the announcement choices are finished, that it either hits my machine or the caller hangs up as if there was no answer.

It would be nice if when the my cell is answered, since I already see the callers number, I could immediately push the button of choice, in my case 1, and be able to intercept the call immediately, without having to wait.

Unless of course, I'm overlooking something in the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I'm finding something that needs a tweak..

With the original SimulRing, all was well for me with the exception that I had to shut off my cell at night so a call to the main number wouldn't immediately hit the cell VM.

The new program took care of that, but now I am experiencing the problem that in many cases, since I only use my answer machine at home, even when I answer my cell as soon as it rings, the slow motion in having the calling number announced and having to wait until the announcement choices are finished, that it either hits my machine or the caller hangs up as if there was no answer.

It would be nice if when the my cell is answered, since I already see the callers number, I could immediately push the button of choice, in my case 1, and be able to intercept the call immediately, without having to wait.

Unless of course, I'm overlooking something in the setup.
    Give it a try now.

Again, you fixed it...and I didn't even have to beg. I'm not sure another provider exists that offers service like VOIPo does..

Many thanks, Brandon..